Guys, they’re done!
Last time we saw them, they were painted but were still missing their cushions. I had all the materials, so first I made a pattern out of newspaper. This would show me how big to cut my foam pillows.
After getting it to the size I liked, I pinned the newspaper to the pillow and traced it.
Annnnnd I didn’t take any photos of the sewing process, but it was fairly straight forward. Two pieces to form the top and bottom of the cushion case and then a long strip to go around the sides. I also opted to make little ties to keep the pillows on the chairs. Then I sewed all the pieces together and stuffed the pillows in.
So cutting to the good part – the after photos!
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before, but I also sprayed the chairs with a clear protective coating so they’d be slightly more weather proof (as these will be outdoor chairs). I don’t know how well they’ll do long term but they stood up to one rainstorm already and were fine. They’re come a long way, and I couldn’t be more pleased! Now to maybe find an outdoor side table to go with them…